How I Use Automation
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for details.
We all have so much to juggle in our lives. Work, parenthood, relationships, cleaning, and that’s just the start! It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, even if you have great routines in place already. Enter automation: using technology to help take the load off you!
My Secret Weapon: iPhone Reminders!
The main way I use automation in my everyday life is with reminders and alarms on my phone. These little beeps serve as anchor points throughout my day. And they remind me to keep moving so I don’t get behind!
Reminders for My Everyday Routines
My phone dings at 7:30am, ending my Bible reading time and reminding me to make Emma some breakfast before she wakes up. I even have one for my 3pm coffee that I look forward to every day!
Reminders for My Cleaning Routine
I have every-weekday and weekly reminders for my cleaning routine. The ones that go off on weekdays keep me from forgetting to put the laundry in the washer once I’ve sorted it! And the weekly ones help me remember not to waste my time making the beds if it’s sheets-washing day.
Reminders for Blog-Related Tasks
Right now, I have three chunks of time devoted to my blog. My reminders help me stay focused while I’m working, since I know I don’t have much time. And they tell me when to stop so I can feed my child!
How You Can Use Automation
– use Amazon subscriptions for commonly used items like diapers (if you sign up for Amazon family through that link you’ll get a 30-day free trial! They offer 20% off on diaper subscriptions.)
– get your groceries delivered
– outsource if you can, like finding a house cleaner
– set up autopay for your bills
– schedule things way in advance and use a good calendar system
– and of course use reminders!
These are the ways I have used automation in my life to relieve some of my mental load! Did I miss anything? Let me know in the comments?
If you liked this post, Pin it!